Use an interactive Harry Potter wand (from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios) - or a regular TV remote control - to make your own littleBits magic!
Note: The exact spells implemented are up to you, and up to 3 can be done at a time using an optional Arduino. Many take advantage of my home-made "Wire for External Electronics"
, which is a personal substitute for the prototype bit.
For those interested in having a look under the hood, or even in customizing their own version of the wand recognition software, check out the code on Github: https://github.com/bigokro/wiiwandz
Now working with all 16 spells from the Wizarding World park!
- Aguamenti: Spray water
- Alohomora: Unlock something
- Arresto Momentum: Make something stop moving
- Ascendio: Make something rise
- Descendo: Make something fall
- Herbivicus: Make a plant grow
- Incendio: Light a fire or turn on lights
- Locomotor: Make something spin
- Metelojinx: Make it rain
- Mimblewimble: Make... shrunken heads sing??
- Reparo: Fix something
- Revelio: Make something hidden appear
- Silencio: Make a noise stop
- Specialis Revelio: Reveal something magical or in the stars
- Tarantallegra: Make figures sing and dance
- Wingardium Leviosa: Levitate an object
The software lets you pick up to 3 at a time, and choose the number of seconds each will be triggered.
The wand movements required for each are as shown on the maps that come with the interactive wand. If you don't have one, have a look at the picture on this project.
UPDATE: The software now works with IFTTT, too! You can configure each spell to work with the cloudBit, or give it an event name for an IFTTT Maker recipe. Give it a try!