MAKE A TOPSY TURVY ROLLING VEHICLE THAT DOES FLIPS WHILE IT ROLLS! Control your car wireless from your phone phone to see what kind of tricks you can do.
These instructions correspond to the Gizmos & Gadgets Kit: 2nd Edition. If you have the first edition of the Gizmos & Gadgets Kit, please refer to those instructions. They can be found here.
HOW IT WORKS:
- The p1 power Bit provides electricity to the circuit.
- The o9 bargraph receives constant and full signal, which lights up the Spin Roller.
- The w19 split receives the signal from the bargraph, and sends it along the two wires to the littleBits Bluetooth Low Energy Bits. It also gives more flexibility in placing your Bits.
- The w30 Bluetooth low energy Bits are connected to the controls on your smart device via Bluetooth. The controls in the littleBits Invent App determine how much signal the Bluetooth Low Energy Bits pass on to the next Bits.
- The o25 DC Motors spin according to how much signal they receive. Try the three different modes to see how they differ!
When you're done building your invention, keep the fun going by following the Invention Cycle below!
PLAY: Go for a spin! Set up ramps and obstacle courses to send your Spin Roller flipping around your home.
REMIX: Upgrade your Spin Roller by changing up your invention!
- SWITCH UP THE CONTROLS. What other ways can you send your Spin Roller spinning? Combine different controls in the littleBits Invent App.
- SET A RECORD. Use a light sensor in front of the Bluetooth Low Energy Bit to count the number of flips your Spin Roller makes.
- SEND YOUR SPIN ROLLER ON A MISSION. Is it a transport? A stealth vehicle? Give your Spin Roller the necessary fittings to complete its task!
SHARE: Did you make the next generation of Spin Roller? Show the community! Take photos and videos of your invention and upload it to the littleBits Invent App.