One of the Olympic games that has not as much audience is Curling. Living in West Fargo, North Dakota, one of the coldest regions of the U.S. gave us an idea to bring more fans to the world of cold sports all year round, Curling, with a portable game that will bring fun and excitement to family, friends and anyone that might want to bring exciting hits
to their game and learn how this littleBits hack is curling pun
Project takes about 1-1.5 hours to make. Here is the video: https://youtu.be/bwtJiENxkGARules and Instructions
A typical game is played in 8 ends. In each end, 8 stones are thrown, 4 for each player/team. Only 1 team can score in an end; the team with the closest stone (marble) to the center (the shot rock). That team scores one point for each marble closer than their opponent's best stone.
- Each player/team receives four marbles
- Players/team alternate marble shots
- The player/team with the marble on the button (center of the target/circles) wins the end
- If no player/team has a marble on the button. The team scores one point for each marble closer than their opponent's best stone.
- Unlike curling, this hacked version, lets you count your stone (marble) if it bounces back from the edge where otherwise it would had been a biter.
- You earn a point for every end you win. Whoever that scores five ends, wins.
- You can make your own shooter with a post-it note and a piece of adhesive tape and attach it to the servo.