BUILD YOUR CIRCUIT.
ATTACH WHEELS TO THE DC MOTORS.
PRESS THE BLUETOOTH LOW ENERGY BITS AND DC MOTOR BITS ONTO THE FRONT OF THE MOUNTING BOARD.
PRESS THE POWER AND BARGRAPH ONTO THE BACK OF THE MOUNTING BOARD.
SET THE DC MOTORS TO VAR (VARIABLE) MODE.
TUCK IN AND SECURE THE BATTERY AND WIRES.
POWER ON YOUR CIRCUIT. The Spin Roller should start spinning!
FLIP, ROLL, SWERVE, AND SPIN! Connect the Spin Roller to DRIVE MODE using the littleBits Bluetooth Low Energy Bit Controls. Use drive mode to roll your Spin Roller around the house.
IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOU SPIN ROLLER EXTRA COOL, ADD A PAPER SKIN. You can either use the templates provided or materials from around your house.
If using the provided templates, cut and fold as indicated on the printouts.
START BY MAKING THE HUBCAPS. If you want to make your own custom hubcaps, try adding paper cups, coffee lids, or plastic bottles to the wheels.
SLIDE THE HUBCAPS OVER THE WHEELS ON YOUR SPIN ROLLER. They should be a snug fit. If the hubcaps are too loose, use tape to keep them in place on the wheel.
POWER ON YOU SPIN ROLLER AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONNECTED TO "DRIVE MODE". Then grab a helper to hold your device so that the wheels don't spin.
ADD A PAPER BODY. Wrap the template around the center of your Spin Roller and tape along the edge. To keep the template in place, use tape to attach it to the ends of the mounting board.
HOW IT WORKS
- The p1 power Bit provides electricity to the circuit.
- The o9 bargraph receives constant and full signal, which lights up the Spin Roller.
- The w19 split receives the signal from the bargraph, and sends it along the two wires to the littleBits Bluetooth Low Energy Bits. It also gives more flexibility in placing your Bits.
- The w30 Bluetooth low energy Bits are connected to the controls on your smart device via Bluetooth. The controls in the littleBits Invent App determine how much signal the Bluetooth Low Energy Bits pass on to the next Bits.
- The o25 DC Motors spin according to how much signal they receive. Try the three different modes to see how they differ!
WHEN YOU ARE DONE BUILDING YOUR INVENTIONS, KEEP THE FUN GOING BY FOLLOWING THE INVENTION CYCLE BELOW!
PLAY. Go for a spin! Set up ramps and obstacle courses to send your Spin Roller flipping around your home.
REMIX: Upgrade your Spin Roller by changing up your invention!
- SWITCH UP THE CONTROLS. What other ways can you send your Spin Roller spinning? Combine different controls in the littleBits Invent App.
- SET A RECORD. Use a light sensor in front of the Bluetooth Low Energy Bit to count the number of flips your Spin Roller makes.
- SEND YOUR SPIN ROLLER ON A MISSION. Is it a transport? A stealth vehicle? Give your Spin Roller the necessary fittings to complete its task!
SHARE! Did you make the next generation of Spin Roller? Show the community! Take photos and videos of your invention and upload it to the littleBits Invent App.