Team littleBits ventured to sunny Anaheim for the ASCD Empower17 Conference last weekend. We had a great time connecting with educators from all over the world and getting hands on with the new littleBits Code Kit. This was one of the first public appearances of the littleBits Code Kit and the excitement from teachers we met was palpable.
Are you headed to any of these conferences this spring? Stop by and say hello – we love meeting you!
- NCEA April 18-20 in St. Louis
- TLA April 19-22 in San Antonio
- ATLIS April 23-26 in Los Angeles
- ISTE June 25-27 in San Antonio
Here are a few of the highlights from the trip:
1) Code Kit Lunch and Learn. On Sunday, we hosted an exclusive Lunch and Learn session for educators to see the new littleBits Code Kit up close and in person before it even hits the shelves. We played games, tinkered with the new drag-and drop-programming environment, and discussed best practices for introducing coding kits into the classroom. We’ll be doing a series of similar events at ISTE, so watch your email for an invite.
2) Hei Hei’s Visit. One of our rockstar community members, Mitchell Malpartida, joined us on Saturday and brought a friend with him: an animatronic Hei Hei from the movie Moana. Mitchell takes Hei Hei around with him when he leads volunteer littleBits workshops in his local school district. From the feathers to the thermoplastic skeleton, we were blown away by his invention.
— Mitchell Malpartida (@mitchellmalpart) March 26, 2017
3) LivBit gets hands-on with littleBits. We were unexpectedly delighted when another Bitsy guest dropped by the booth – Olivia Van Ledtje, better known on the internets as LivBits. LivBit is a 9 year old champion of reading and digital citizenship advocate. She has taken Twitter by storm spreading messages of inspiration and motivation. Why does she love littleBits? “Because you can let your imagination run wild and build anything you want!”
— Olivia Van Ledtje (@thelivbits) March 27, 2017
4) littleBits Code Kit featured on ASCD Live. Lead Education Product Designer Dave Sharp joined ASCD Facebook Live to discuss the littleBits Code Kit. He talks about bringing coding into the classroom, real-world learning with littleBits, and why we used Google Suite to create all of the educator support tools.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Senior Manager of Learning + Engagement