We are a young company that provides experiential learning workshops to young learners. We work with schools, after school camps, universities and learning centers. We are focused on STEAM education through project based learning application projects like littleBits, Arduino and VEX. Egypt is still a young market and we are very excited to create a community for littleBits and host different events. We want to empower young students to start inventing and challenge themselves.
I am a mechanical engineer who started working in a family business for office supplies and started Abjad in June 2016 with the aim of mixing hands on learning with education. I am a firm believer that education is nothing without practice and this is what makes us know what we are passionate ab...more
Hmmm. Looks like no one has shared an invention.
Join the club and upload your own!
This club has no upcoming events right now.
littleBits is an easy platform of electronic building blocks that allows everyone to create marvellous inventions. Abjad is holding its first workshop in the littleBits cycle for teaching young learners of ages 8-10, the basics of inventing something that moves, lights or buzzes from scratch.
Our agenda will be as follows:
1. Introduction to littleBits (What is littleBits)
2. Warm up and Free Play
3. Assign design challenge
4. Show n' tell
5. Clean up
The instructor for this workshop is Islam Hassouna, who is a UCL undergrad and an earned his masters from Oxford university. Islam is also a teacher at Mavericks school in Cairo.
Come join us, call or buy our tickets online from the page.
Katameya Heights, New Cairo, Egypt Heliopolis, Egypt
11:00AM 14 January 2017
This winter camp is collaboration between Art Cafe and Abjad. From 9 am - 12 pm, Art Cafe will be providing a multi art workshop. The workshop includes drawing & painting, sculpture, cooking, decoupage and many more. Abjad will take over from 1-4 where we will introduce littleBits. LittleBits is an easy platform of electronic building blocks that allows everyone to create marvellous inventions. Abjad is holding its first workshop in the littleBits cycle for teaching young learners, the basics of inventing something that moves, lights or buzzes from scratch.
Our agenda will be as follows:
1. Introduction to litleBits: explaining what littleBits is and the mission behind it. We then introduce the "bits" or modules and what each bit is used for and how we can use them to come up with an output.
2. Warm-up and free play: this is where we want the energy of the room to be buzzing. We start by a brief icebreaking activity for everyone to make new friends. We have our own version of rock, paper, scissors which is always fun. We then turn to free play with littleBits for each group to just try it out and become accustomed to how they work.
3. Assign Design Challenge: when the learners are finally comfortable with the bits, we start our main activity of the workshop, which is The Design Challenge. We first divide the group to smaller groups and explain what The Design Challenge(s) will be. The Design Challenge is the invention (or group of inventions) that each group should deliver. We explain the "Invention Cycle", which is the the roadmap for your invention and we leave the groups to work together to come up with the final prototype. We help the groups out by asking questions only for them to think about.
4. Show n' tell: the whole idea of inventing is to share what you did with others for everyone to learn. Each group gives a brief presentation on how they developed their idea and what they learnt through the process.
5. Clean up: the aftermath of inventing is overwhelming from bits to shreds of paper, cardboard, etc... We take some time to clean everything up.
This workshop is so much fun and very useful, we showcase all the inventions online for the world to see on littlebits.cc
Come join us by signing up in the URL above and we will get in contact with you.
Art Cafe, Maadi Heliopolis, Egypt
1:00PM 25 December 2016
Maker Faire is the largest show n' tell event in Egypt. We will be hosting a workshop on Friday, which is a day attended by schools only. On Saturday, we will host another workshop during the Maker Faire for older makers who are interested in littleBits. Come join us!
Smart Village, Giza Heliopolis, Egypt
10:00AM 7 April 2017
Summer Camp '17 is here. Abjad has collaborated with Art Cafe this year to offer kids a great experience where they can learn science and arts.
The first half of the camp will be arts, so everyone will unleash their inner creativity in painting, drawing, sculpting and even cooking. The second half will be about understanding the world around us by exploring how electronics work. We understand kids spend a lot of time in front of screens, and we would like them to understand how these electronics work. LittleBits, are small building blocks that teaches kids about electronics and allows them to create different inventions like a bluetooth controlled car or a doorbell using the littlebits modules.
At Abjad summer camp '17, kids will meet new friends, learn new skills and still have loads of fun. Join us now for the early bird registration until June 4th
The camp is for 1250 LE / week. Get a discount for the second child.
For info: call 01001018971
Art Cafe Maadi Heliopolis, Egypt
8:00AM 2 July 2017