littleBits is looking for an excellent industrial/product designer to join the core team. You will work on helping develop the current and next littleBits product line including (but not limited to) working on R&D for the littleBits custom-made magnetic connector, packaging for the littleBits products and creating demo objects and prototypes to showcase littleBits. You must be very self-driven, but also have great team work and collaboration skills to interface with our electronics designers, manufacturing partners and CEO. Finally, and most importantly: littleBits is a startup, you must be willing to get your hands dirty. If you are not ready for all the excitement, opportunities and challenges that come with a startup, this job is not for you.
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Industrial Design or Product Design
- 5+ years experience
- Good understanding of the littleBits brand
- Excellent sketching skills and strong design sensibility
- Very well versed in Solid Works and Adobe Creative Suite. Pro/Engineer a plus.
- Proficiency in prototyping and fabrication, including using a Laser Cutter, 3D Printer, and Machine Tools
- Strong interest and some experience in electronics, physical computing and interaction design.
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro a plus
- Position is full-time
- Location is in the West Village, Manhattan, New York
- Must have right to work in the U.S
- Position is paid, and offers benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio to: [email protected] with “Industrial/ Product Designer” as the subject line.
This posting is also available on Coroflot