We are excited to launch our Global Chapters Program: A global network of organizations with a shared mission of putting the power of electronics in the hand of everyone regardless of age, gender, technical ability and language.
We aim to build a network of cities that host workshops, events and co-design curriculum for learning STEM and STEAM through DIY electronics.
This initiative expands on the success of our #InventAnything initiative, a free 5-week course that launched in early 2015, and now includes over 230 Chapter leaders from 52 countries around the world.
Together we want to empower local communities to use littleBits as a building block for reinventing the world around them.
From Kuala Lumpur to Brooklyn to Oslo we want to invite you to represent your city in the global maker movement.
Bring your local community together to learn, play and make with littleBits. Anyone can apply to start a Chapter. Whether you are a makerspace wrangler, a librarian or a powerhouse of one, here is what you need to know to get started.
GET STARTED TODAY
- First we will ask you to complete our form. We will then set up an introductory call to get to know you.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You should know that we request at least a one year commitment from you. That means that you will be hosting continuous programming and a minimum of eight events per year.
- You will need to have access to a physical space, like a library or makerspace and of course to lots of bits. You’ll need to have a Workshop Set or something comparable. If you don’t have a kit yet, don’t worry, we’ll get you a discount once you are approved!
WE WILL SUPPORT YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!
Once you are approved we’ll handsomely reward you with:
- Free creative and tech consultation! This means training, event guides and monthly ideas for programming.
- A spotlight on our website and an easy way to grow membership and communicate with your Chapter.
- Exclusive discounts, swag and access to product sneak peaks.
- The opportunity to sign up your Chapter as an affiliate and sell littleBits in your space.
- Promotion of your programs through our blog, social and newsletter.
- A global support network of other organizations who will share knowledge and expertise.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- During the next year, you will have to host a minimum of eight separate events. They can be as small or big as you like.
- You will be invited to a monthly hour-long call, where you will get to speak with other Chapter leaders, share knowledge and build connections.
- All along the way, you will have support on our active forums from littleBits staff and other bitsters like you!
- We have a pretty robust evaluation in place, that means we will be doing reviews along the journey to make sure you feel supported and successful as a Global Chapter.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
- Event Planning: How to plan, organize and execute a successful event.
- Community Building and Management: You’ll be in charge of recruiting, inviting and maintaining your own local crew.
- Program Design: By creating your own unique programming, design challenges and activities, you will find out how best to engage and entertain an audience.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Say hello and check our FAQs in the forum. If you don’t see what you are looking for post a new topic and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.