The Water Detection Module (or WaterBit) is used for detecting water leaks. The module interfaces to any pair of conductive strips, once water bridges these the strips, the WaterBit module outputs a 5V signal.
A 30cm (12 inch) length of moisture detection sensor tape is provided with this module. The sensor is made of two equally spaced flat stainless steel conductors connected to a peel and stick adhesive mylar capable of being adhered to any surface. The sensor can be cut, turn corners, spliced to additional tape sensors and reused!
- Dual audio jack supports up to two sensors connected to one module
- Option for potentiometer to adjust trigger level sensitivity.
- Custom tape lengths available up to 300 ft.
- Trigger level between 10Kohms and 20Kohms
- Current draw when triggered is 25 microamps making it excellent for battery operated applications
- Low current draw allows thousands of units to be joined together in series
- All inputs including tape sensor inputs have ESD protection
The following littlebits combination is all you need to make a simple water detection alarm. This combination is illustrated in the video.
Power.. WaterBit... Pulse... LED... Speaker
Thanks! Enter your email address to secure your discount, stamp your place in line, and get the latest updates.
Already a user? Click here to login
Structure Monitoring Technology (SMT) designs a variety of different moisture sensor and building performance sensing solutions.